For smooth and reliable wireless internet connection, you need to get a Linksys router Setup. If you already have got this brand of router, then the next thing for you to do is find out a way to connect your DSL modem with the router for fast and uninterrupted internet.
A DSL internet connection is basically a wired connection through which you can access the internet on your computer(s), but if you want to access the internet on other devices through Wi-Fi, then you will have to connect your DSL modem to Linksys wireless router.
It may seem like an easy process, but if you mess up any of the steps leading to a successful connection between your DSL modem and Linksys router, you won’t be able to access the internet. You need to make sure that the Linksys wireless router is connected to the DSL modem using an Ethernet cable. Moreover, your DSL internet service needs to be activated in your home by your ISP (internet service provider).
Here is how you can connect DSL modem with Linksys wireless router:
- Turn off the DSL modem, but make sure the Linksys router needs to be unplugged. Now, you will have to disconnect the DSL modem from your PC.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your computer, which is most probably located on the backside of the computer. The other end of the Ethernet cable will be connected into the Internet port on the Linksys wireless router setup.
- You will need to use a second Ethernet cable and insert it into one of the numbered ports on Linksys wireless router. The other end of the Ethernet cable will be connected into the internet port on the back of DSL modem.
- It’s time to turn on the DSL modem, so what you’re going to do is, connect the power adapter to Linksys wireless router and power it on. Now, turn on your computer followed by launching your web browser. Enter ‘192.168.1.1’ into the address bar and then, pressing ‘Enter’.
- Highlight ‘Basic setup’ selection under ‘Setup’ tab. From ‘Internet Connection Type’ menus, you need to select the type of DSL that you’re using. If you are not sure about your connection type, then get in touch with your ISP. If you are unable to find your DSL, then select ‘Automatic Configuration’.
- Enter your username and password using which you had connected your DSL internet service in the fields provided. Then, select ‘Save Settings’.
Finally, you need to launch your web browser and enter a website URL just to check whether the internet is working or not. If you have internet service, then that means, the wireless router has been successfully setup. If the internet doesn’t work, then go through the troubleshooting information given with the wireless router or you can get in touch with Linksys Router setup and support providers.
For more information about Linksys routers like how to create Linksys router setup password then you can go to visit this link https://www.linksys.com/us/c/wireless-routers/