Have you ever changed the Linksys router default password? If not, then you must change it at least once because hackers always try to enter into your computer through wireless networks. If you have not changed the login details, hackers can easily find the details of login from the home page of Linksys wireless router setup.
They will search the details for a particular model number of a specific brand and enter the same into the login page. Once they get access, they can easily change the settings of your network and you will no longer be able to use your home Wi-Fi network.
If you wish to change the login details of your Linksys router like admin or password, then follow the simple steps which are going to discuss here as under:
Change default password
To change the default password, you must know the model number of Linksys router. If you have forgotten the details, then you can reset easily through steps indicated on the website.
Updating router details will delete all the existing or old settings from the router. You can’t access the login page with the existing details thereafter. You will have to enter a new password and SSID.
- Press and hold the reset button: Press the reset button for 30 seconds and release it. Pressing the reset button for a short time period may result in a factory reset. To press the reset button, you will need a sharp tip pen or paper.
- Connect the computer to router through Ethernet cable: To access the Linksys router setup page, you need to connect the router to the computer through Ethernet cable. Ethernet connection is preferred to wireless because it is reliable and break-free. You can open the ‘Administrator’ page directly from the computer screen.
- Enter the IP address of your router on web browser: Open a web browser on your computer and enter the default IP address of your router in the search space. You will be directed to the router page. The default IP address for Linksys routers is 192.168.1.1. If you are using any other company product, you can check the IP address from the official website.
- Enter default login details: The default login details are written at the back of the hardware. You will find sticker posted at the back of the device. If it is not available, you can check from the website. Try entering ‘Admin’ in the username field and ‘Password’ in password field.
- Change router’s admin password: Open ‘Security’ page of your Linksys router and search for password option. From here, go to the ‘Change password’ option and set a new password of your choice. It is recommended to keep the password as long as possible and must contain one special character.