Resetting security on Linksys router setup may be necessary for a number of reasons, such as the security code being compromised, or perhaps you simply forgot the code. In any case, there are a few ways to reset a Linksys router. You can simply reset all settings to their default values and leave it like that, or you can visit the appropriate website to change the password. Instructions
Reset the default settings
- Press the “Reset” button located on the back panel next to the “Internet” port.
- Hold the RESET button for about 30 seconds.
- Unplug the power adapter from the back of the router if the reset was unsuccessful. If the reset was successful, the router settings should be “admin” 192.168.1.1 for the IP address, the username is empty and the password is password.
- Go to the web page of your router by opening your browser and typing “192.168.1.1” in the address bar followed by hitting “Enter”.
- Enter the username and password in the pop-up window. For the router default settings, leave the user name and blank for the password type “admin”.
- Click “Administration” in the main menu on the router’s web page.
- Enter the new password next to the password and enter it in the box below.
- Click “Save Settings” at the bottom of the page. The password is changed on the router.
How to update my Linksys software
Updating the internal software components of your computer system is very important. Your computer and its components work more efficiently with internal software updates. Many Linksys products, including routers, use internal software. Maintaining Linksys software is crucial for the router to continue to work properly with your computer, and with all other components of the network to which it is linked.
- Determine the model number of your Linksys router by checking the label on the bottom of the device.
- Go to Linksys.com and click on “Support” at the top of the page. Find “Linksys” on the right side of the page by scrolling down, and then click the “Get Support” button below.
- Type of the model number in the text box where it says “Enter template or keyword” and then press “Enter.”
- Click on the “Downloads” tab and select the version number of your device, which can also be found on the sticker on the bottom of your device.
- Click the “Download” link under “Software” or “Firmware” in the left side of the Downloads section. This will download a zip file containing the updates.
- Unzip the file by right clicking it and selecting “Extract All” Continue clicking the following “Next” buttons and then click “Finish.” Find the file named “Readme.txt” and open it in duplicate- clicking on it will open the instructions on how to update the software of your router type. This usually calls to connect to your router, find the file you downloaded, and then click a “Start” button. You will be to transfer the content and apply it to the router, after that your update is complete.
For more information about Linksys routers like Linksys Wireless G router setup and Cisco Linksys Router setup you can visit Linksys official website’s link https://www.linksys.com/us/c/wireless-routers/