Wireless routers G, like those at Linksys, allow you to use a wireless network up to 54 Mbps per second. To achieve these speeds, the Wi-Fi adapters on your computer must also be G wireless compatible. When you experience problems with your Linksys wireless G router setup, remember that there are many sources of problems, including errors with your cable modem, incorrect passwords, or out-of-date software for your router. If you are using Linksys G Router and experiencing problems, then you must take a look at the steps below, which guide you regarding the troubleshooting of problems that you have been facing in your Linksys Router.
Note: You should follow all the steps in the same order in which they are given or else you won’t be able to overcome the problem(s).
- Disconnect your cable modem and the router. Wait 30 seconds followed by reconnecting the rear modem cable in. Wait another 30 seconds, and then reconnect the back router in. This can reset the modem and router and allows you to connect back to the internet.
- Make sure the problem lies in your router and not your cable modem by connecting your computer directly to the cable modem with an Ethernet cable. If you are able to connect to the Internet, the problem is with your router. If you cannot establish a connection, contact your ISP to make sure the service is intact.
- Verify that the Linksys G settings match the settings provided by your ISP by typing “192.168.1.1” in your Web browser and clicking “Settings”. Contact your ISP if you do not know the necessary settings.
- Make sure you have correctly entered your network password. If you forget the password, it can be reset by selecting the “Wireless Security” tab.
- Click the “Wireless” tab in the Linksys G settings you have open in your web browser. Changing the channel that the Linksys wireless router setup uses 6-1 or 11, as other devices or wireless networks could be interfering with your Wi-Fi signal.
- Visit Linksys.com to get the latest drivers and firmware from your router, once you have confirmed the problem comes from your router. Find your model number and follow the instructions on the website to install.
That is how you can fix problems originating in your Linksys G Router. However, if the problems persist despite following the steps, then you should consult Linksys Router experts because they might be able to find a problem, which you have missed while analyzing your Router.
For a complete knowledge of Linksys smart Wifi router setup you can visit Linksys official website’s link https://www.linksys.com/us/c/wireless-routers/