When it comes to one of the most widely used Linksys router setup, WRT120N will definitely find its place on the list because of its decent features and affordable pricing makes it a perfect choice for home users. Moreover, the router is easy to install and setup, as users can do it without taking help of experts.
You can connect to your Linksys WRT120N router for installation, configuration, or use via the Ethernet connection on your computer. However, the router is not free from errors, as many have been identified in the router from time to time. If you are using this particular router, then you must have encountered ‘Error 321’ in it. If yes, then let’s take a look as to what the error is and how it can be solved.
Error 321 occurs when the connection settings on your computer are configured for a static Internet Protocol address instead of an automatic – DHCP – address. Resolve this error by configuring Windows network settings to accept a DHCP connection. If the error persists, set by resetting the IP or TCP/Return network settings to the Windows default. Instructions
Configure DHCP connection
- Unplug the Linksys router power cord from the wall outlet. Press the “Windows” key and then the “R” keyboard key after opening “Run”. Type “Ncpa.cpl” in the “Open” field. Click on “OK”.
- Double-click on the “Local Area Connection” icon. This opens a Properties window. Double-click on “Internet Protocol Version 4” located on the “Networks” tab of the Properties window. This opens a second properties dialog.
- Click the radio buttons next to “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain the DNS server addresses automatically.” Click the “OK” button at the bottom. This will take you to the previous dialog box. “OK” on the previous dialog box to close.
- Plug the router’s power cord into the wall outlet. Try to connect to the router again. Continue reading if you still receive this error code.
- Reset TCP / IP settings. Open the Start menu. Type “command” in the “Search” box.
- Right-click “Command Prompt” in the results list, then click “Run as administrator”. Click “Yes” at the UAC prompt.
- Type “Netsh ip ip reset default.txt” and press “Enter.” This operation resets all TCP/IP settings in the operating system.
- Type “exit” and press “Enter” to kill the command prompt. Restart your computer.
With that, error 321 in Linksys WRT120N makes it way out of the router and you get back a fully functional device that brings fast and reliable internet. However, if you are still experiencing the issue, then you should consult Linksys Router experts for their assistance.
For a complete knowledge of Linksys routers like how to setup Linksys router and how to create a Linksys router setup password you can visit Linksys official website’s link https://www.linksys.com/us/c/wireless-routers/