By default the login password for WRT160N router is ‘Admin’ and most of the times, it is case-sensitive which means all the characters in lowercase.
In case you are asked to enter the username in the field, leave it as it is and no need to enter any username. There are some routers which use default username but this is not the case for WRT160N.
For your information, we want to mention here that the default IP address of your Linksys router is 192.168.1.1. By entering this IP address in the address field, you will be able to open the login page of your router on the computer browser.
Default password not working?
If you are entering the default password but it doesn’t work on your router, then it means someone has changed the password to a new one. Another person might have set much-secured password on your Linksys router.
Advantage of using Linksys wireless router setup on a home network is that you can easily reset the password of it in case you have forgotten it.
The steps to reset the Linksys WRT160N router are:
- Connect the router to the power supply and turn it on.
- Turn the router to the back side where all the cables are connected.
- You will find the reset button there. Press it for 10 seconds with the help of sharp paper clip or pen.
- Wait till the router get fully reset. It will almost take 30 seconds.
- Unplug the power adapter from the back of the router and wait for 10 seconds. Connect the power supply again to the router.
- Wait for another 30 seconds till the booting gets completed on the router.
- Now your router is reset, you can log in to the router home page using the IP address with ‘Admin’ as a password.
- Don’t forget to change the router password from default to new. You can save it in the ‘Free password manager’.
After resetting the router, you will have to enter the details of settings again which includes SSID, password and custom DNS servers.
Can’t access WRT160N router?
Unfortunately, if you are not being able to access the router using the default IP address, then this means that you have changed it once but you have forgotten the new one.
Unlike the steps you have executed for reset the router in case of password forgotten, you need to do a little bit of digging to check out the default gateway of a computer connected to the router. The default gateway address is the same as that of the IP address of your router. You can use the same address in your URL address space to access the router.
For more information about Linksys routers like Linksys Wireless G router setup and Cisco Linksys Router setup you can visit Linksys official website’s link https://www.linksys.com/us/c/wireless-routers/