If you notice power light continuously blinking on the Linksys Router Setup, then it is confirmed that the firmware of your router is corrupted. If this actually happens, then you won’t be able to access the router’s web page and assign an IP address to the workstation which is connected to the router.
Now, we are going to furnish the things you can try on your router to fix the aforementioned problem.
- Restart router.
- Assign one static IP to the workstation.
- Ping router.
- Reset the router.
- Update or install the latest version of the firmware.
- Restart Router: Before proceeding with the further troubleshooting steps, it is advisable to perform restart function on the router. Sometimes, restarting the router will solve most of the problems. To perform the restart function, unplug the device from the power supply and connect it again after a gap of 10 seconds. Do unplug the power cords, Ethernet cable, and internet from the different ports available on the router. Connect the power cord again to the outlet.
- Assign one static IP address to your workstation: As discussed earlier, your router won’t be able to assign the IP address to the computer, so you need to assign computer a static IP address. For more instructions related to this, you can go to Linksys.com. After performing this step, be prepared for Ping test on the router.
Note: If your computer is connected to the public IP address directly with the help of ISP, then change it to 192.168.1.1 which is the IP address of Linksys router from the computer login page.
- Ping router: This test is performed in order to inspect the communication between the computer and the Linksys router. In the Ping test, the router will send the signal to the computer and it returns to the router. This reply will validate the connection. You can get the results on screen by visiting ‘Linksys/ping test.com
- Reset Router: In the worst scenario, if the above-mentioned steps don’t work for you, the best option is to reset the router. Reset will delete all the current settings, username and password from it. Steps to reset router are:
- Press and hold the reset button from back of hardware for 20 seconds.
- You can press the button with the help of Pin or sharp tip pen.
- Unplug your router from the power supply and wait for 20 seconds.
- Plug the router back to the supply.
- After reset, you need to enter the settings and username again from scratch as factory reset will delete all data.
- Update or install the latest firmware on the router using TFTP utility: If you are still not able to go to the router web-based page, then you need to uninstall the firmware or update the current firmware to the latest one by using TFTP Utility. For more information related to this, you can click on the link given along ‘TFTP’ option.
For a complete knowledge of Linksys routers like how to setup Linksys router and how to create a Linksys router setup password you can visit Linksys official website’s link https://www.linksys.com/us/c/wireless-routers/