If your Linksys router is not performing well or you want to reset the Linksys Router setup password, then here are 5 simple steps to carry out a hard reset on Linksys router.
Now, we are going to suggest the 5 simple steps which will end up resetting your Linksys router.
Press the reset button from back of the device
- Press the reset button located at the back of the router with the help of pointed pen or paper. Press and release the button after 15 seconds. All the lights will turn off only power light will flash for some seconds.
- Now, wait for 5 minutes until all lights get on. All the lights will get stable after 5 minutes.
Connect the device to network name ‘Asus’ and configure it
- After connecting to the network, open ‘Setup’ page of your Linksys Router.
- If the login page doesn’t open within 10 seconds. Open the browser manually and enter the IP address of your Linksys router. You can check the IP address of your router from the online web page.
- Enter ‘Admin’ in the ‘Username’ box and ‘Password’ in the password box. If prompted, click ‘Yes’ to login.
- You will find the ‘Go’ option at the bottom of the screen. Click on it.
Enter new password
- Generate new password for your router login. Go to the ‘Administrator’ page. Enter the default password once followed by a new password. You will be prompted to enter the new password twice.
- Hard reset function can be performed in case you have forgotten the login password or want to reset it to default.
- Tap ‘Next’ to go to the next step.
Enter new settings
- Go to ‘Wireless settings’ page and enter SSID for network. You have to enter the password for the same. If prompted select any one frequency out of 2.4 or 5 GHz.
Important: Keep the SSID and password of your router different from that of modem otherwise the network may interfere with each other and you will find it difficult to connect to the internet browser.
- The moment you saved the settings, you will find a message displaying ‘Successfully configured’ on screen. After this, the connection will be disconnected. Modify the client settings to connect to the network again.
Connect the device to the newly configured network
- Open ‘Wireless icon’ on the device and connect to the network which has been configured recently. Select the SSID and enter the password which you have configured earlier.
- Once the device is successfully connected, you can open the website on your mobile, tablet or smart device without any problem.
After implementing the above-mentioned steps, if you are getting any problem, you can contact the Linksys Router Setup experts or go through the steps again.